AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:16 am
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

Posting on this forum is for registered AuctionZip members only.

If you are not a member, sign up here: AuctionZip FREE MEMBERSHIP signup form.

If you are already an AuctionZip member (User OR Auctioneer), login first at AuctionZip.com and then return to the forum.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:32 am 
"There is enough out there for all of us..."

I am the new kid on the block in my area. So I expect some haters to talk about me, although I mostly ignor them. I have never in my life ever done a real auction but I will have one this Saturday the 08, of December 2007. I am able to do the bid calling myself. I have a top of the line PA sound system. I have been taking lessons on line and expect a decent turn-out...Along with 10 employees of whom I have taught personally. We are a close bunch of friends and family. I hope in time it will grow into something positive and all who attend will return to our enviorment. Any question, co mments or concerns please call our office.

We have our own food service area and plenty of parking as well as good friends here. A place to get something for everyone...

;)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:50 pm 

Where are you located at?

Tell me more about the online classes. I never heard of it. Sounds interesting.

I don't think you will find any haters on this particular board. Just a few cranky ole farts like me! :lol:

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:52 am 

Tony,

Best of luck on your first venture!

I just have one comment. If you are expecting "haters"...... that's probably what you'll get.
It's just been my experience that a positive outlook brings postive results!

Ed Warden
South Central Missouri

http://www.wardenauction.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:01 am 

Ed Warden wrote:
Tony,

It's just been my experience that a positive outlook brings postive results!

Ed Warden
South Central Missouri

Well Stated! :)

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:54 pm 

:lol: As the wonderful old "fart" pro has already told you on here, ALWAY HAVE A POSITIVE OUTLOOK!! Never doubt your abilities, your items/inventory, and have complete faith in your venue and your employees!! ALWAYS be forthright and honest that will earn you the type of reputation that it takes for one to make it in this business.

Throw some jokes in, look your patrons in the eyes, get to know their names and small personal things about them and what they like...people who feel like you personally are connected with them will respond very positively! ALWAYS keep YOUR cool even when you run across that occassional jerk who lives to cause problems. Just play it off right back at him/her in a joking way and he'll/she'll either look the fool they are and leave, or you've made a new friend for life.

ALWAYS remember! No matter how much paid advertisement you get, word-of-mouth will make or break you in this business. Also, not many venues think about parents with younger children. I think it's always a great idea to offer something for them so mama and daddy can feel free to spend, spend, spend.

I've been a faithful auction attendee from the bassinet up...truly my parents teethed me on a wooden auction gavel...lol!! :roll: And, I've been active on the various dedicated online company "auction" sites, but I've never been involved with one with true life auctioneers such as this one before, so I'm a "newbie" at this venue too.

Due to serious health problems I'm not always able to physically go to my local auctions as I've always done before, and saw the option for online bidding here. I signed up for it registering all of my info, securing my credit cards and paypal, but then have been unable to find any links on being able to bid on my local auctions!

Was I mistaken in thinking this was an option for most auctions? I could use all/any information and help in reference to this. PLEASE!!

Keep us up on your progress!!!!

Diana
Diana Kinzer Heath
Born/Raised in the Great State of West Virginia Live for Many Years in Tampa, Florida
***Go! the Greatest Team in the Country! The....
West Virginia University Mountaineers!!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:51 am 

azadmin wrote:
Posting on this forum is for registered AuctionZip members only.

If you are not a member, sign up here: AuctionZip FREE MEMBERSHIP signup form.

If you are already an AuctionZip member (User OR Auctioneer), login first at AuctionZip.com and then return to the forum.

Can someone tell me what the law is in Pa. concerning the sale of guns? Thank-you

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:36 pm 

Cox Auctioneers had an auction in nearby Indianapolis Indiana this past Saturday. A woman that is approx. 5' 9" - 5' 10" that is a brunette with shoulder length hair and wears black wide rimmed glasses attended our auction and purchased some Sterling Silver for a little over $3,000. She also bought some other silver items and then skipped out without paying and she took the merchandise with her. We should have held it back like we do gold coins, etc. when we sell them at auction. Unfortunately we did not and her information did not check out from her name, her address, or her disconnected phone number. She must have used a fake I.D. We are working things out with the owners but this is not going to go away till we find and prosecute her to the fullest. We have a description of her and we all remember what she looks like in order to provide the police / fbi with an accurate description to have drawings made. It is just a matter of time and we will catch her. Please report to us if you have any information and make anyone that buys silver aware of a potential sale from a scammer! Please reply to jimnwestern1@aol.com or to our web site at http://www.coxauctioneers.com - Thanks James Cox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:52 am 

I am a new auctioneer also. Actually I am 38 and I have conducted auctions when I was about 20 years old. I have studied antiques and collectibles since I was 14 years old. I love auctioneering! I got out of it and I just conducted a large auction in Farmington Missouri over the weekend and I had tones of people coming up to me wanting to know where i normally conduct auctions. I would love to be able to meet a auctioneer to be able to work with them to get myself out there.I live in Saint Charles, MO now and would love to meet a great auction company looking to have a professional 38 year old guy work with them. I have to say i think I am good and I know how to handle the people!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:28 am 

I would contact sandy smith auction company in puxico missouri.