AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 3:17 am
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:47 pm 

Worst packers I've EVER purchased from on line. It was only 9 bucks so I told them not to insure it, ON ME... You'd think an auction company would know how to package items securely. Jim Beam Cardinal Bottle, poorly packaged and badly damaged, they left the head on the cardinal body instead of wrapping separately, so of course the cork broke in 2 leaving the head to crash around chipping paint and corners to the head. Breast of cardinal in badly chipped as well, paint chipped all around the breast where the head was rattling around . Not resell-able nor personal cabinet worthy. A cost of $23 dollars straight to the trash. It's a shame....I'm done with this auction company. Auctionzip should ban companies like this.

Deepseadiver57

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:18 pm 

How would they know? I think this is a buyer beware situation and it sounds like you have already learned two valuable lessons. One is to no longer do business with that particular auction company and the second is to get your purchases insured, no matter how little value you place on the purchase.

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer
http://www.arealauction.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:38 pm 

Conrad first you are not allowed to use the auction names on here. Second this is a pretty reputable auction house did you call them and see what they are willing to do for you? I think any business likes to have the opportunity to make it right.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:49 pm 

Lyn Liechty wrote:
....get your purchases insured, no matter how little value you place on the purchase.

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer
http://www.arealauction.com

If this was truly so poorly packaged, insurance would have been a wasted expense. The USPS will deny a claim on anything packaged that badly, and they have every right to do so. There are minimal guidelines they expect anyone to follow when packing an item to mail it.

I would think it worth the while of any auction house to insure every package shipped, if only to protect itself from damage or loss beyond its control (and then the carrier is liable to the winning bidder, relieving the auction house from any responsibility).

USPS is now including insurance up to $50 value on items shipped Priority Mail -- which is the best way to ship anything short of large items.

If this is truly a reputable auction house they will want to know about the shoddy packaging because they're definitely going to have big problems with items that are a lot more expensive than this !! There is absolutely no reason anything should be mailed loose enough to bang around inside a box (which is a primary reason for most real damage). This is not a reputation that a reputable business wants to incur.

"I'm not an auctioneer - I've just come to appreciate the good ones !"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:04 pm 

This is shocking.

Somebody's actually buying Beam bottles?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:52 am 

I sold about 200 of them earlier this year. Not big money, but I did have interested bidders.

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer
www.arealauction.com