AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:05 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:42 pm 

First of all I have been a loyal auctionziper for more than 2 years and have spent over $25000. I just got off the phone with one of my GREAT auction houses in VA trying to find out about my bidding approval for this Saturdays auction. He told me I had been flagged by 2 auction houses on a no bid list. I have only had 2 problems with auction houses in over 150 plus auctions and I reported both of them to auctionzip and got there song and dance about we just provide the service. I reported both auction houses to there respective state auctioneer groups. One of them I filed charges against with the State Attorney General and the USPS for mail fraud as the amount he screwed me out of was LARGE. They did not have to put me on a list as I will NEVER bid with them again.

Why is there no list or feedback option for the auction houses. I will never place an online bid thru auctionzip and only use them to find them. There are to many other options to put up with this Bull$&#! We are the ones that give them the 3% they get.

Thanks for letting me vent and all input will be appreciated
Rich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:13 pm 

Rich, Sometimes it is easier to switch than fight.

Make sure to delete any credit card information, and delete any personal information (or if you can't delete it, change it to gobbledygook) and then formally close the account with AZ.

Then sign up for the auction notices using a different email address. If you open a "burner" gmail.com or mail.com address, that will give you a really good way to keep receiving AZ auction and "alert" notifications but it will keep Auction Zip completely removed from any of your base personal information. A "burner" account is great for anywhere you don't want to give out connections to your "home" account.

Then you can work directly with the auction houses with your personal email and credit card information directly. Besides, if you can bid directly with them you'll avoid the higher buyer premium charges. Payback's a b****, even if "whoever" doesn't realize when it happens, you will.

One other suggestion if you really prefer online bidding, is to check with your old reliable auctions and see if they register with more than one online service -- one auction I patronize signs up and offers catalogs with 3 of the online services.

It is much much better to develop a personal relationship with an auction house, especially if you are a solid repeat buyer, because then if trouble ever does happen, you'll have a great record with them and they'll be dealing with a known good customer instead of an anonymous who-knows-who provided by an online auction servicing venue.

Good luck - !!

"I'm not an auctioneer - I've just come to appreciate the good ones !"