AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:18 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:48 am 

Dane claims that he "wishes them well" as he continues to run them down and says he will no longer attend unless they pick up the phone and offer an apology. I wish Dane could make up his mind... he (claims that he) bids things up for the auctioneer or he gets things cheap so he can resell to make a windfall profit. He claimed that even $80 was a good price, but then accuses the auctioneer of trying to screw him out of $20 (maybe a $5 commission for the auctioneer)... yet the auctioneer gave him the option to void the sale versus having to wait around until after the auction to verify and/or correct any potential error.

Personally, I think Dane is the one that's wrong, as he continues to gripe about something that could have been easily remedied by talking to the auctioneer. But NO... he thinks badmouthing them over a misperceived wrong is the ethical thing to do based on his so-called principles.

Note to Dane... live auctions are not meant to be sources of goods for those that are looking for cheap deals, so they can make windfall profits by reselling the items on ebeigh or other outlet. They are intended to get the best/highest price for the goods. Yes, there will be some items that will sell for less than another market value. There will also be some items that will sell for more than the typical market value. But to allude that you are bidding things up for the auctioneer to help them is silly... If the auction was advertised appropriately, it's going to bring what it's going to bring.

No, I don't wish to lose any customers. Not even the low-ballers and scrappers that take some of the stuff that no one else wants. However, I don't need those that want to do nothing more than find fault and gripe about the way they think I should run my business and I don't care how much they might (claim to) spend. No, I won't be praying for those types to show up. Auctions were doing well before the TV shows and they will continue after the newbies are gone... or become regular auction goers. In all business, customers come and go for various reasons and as in any business, one must continue to attract new customers to not only replace those that have moved on, but to grow their business. It's just one of those facts of doing business and you're not going to put someone out of business with unsubstantiated claims of wrong-doing, just because you think you were wronged. One might wonder if you would apologize if the auctioneer turned out to be right. After all, he might have been recording the auction and there's the chance that you were mistaken. Believe it or not, it's happened many times at my auctions... from thinking they only bid one price (but it was higher) to someone thinking they were buying "all for one money" when it was being sold "times the money" and many other misunderstandings.

Like I've said, there's two sides to every story... yours is only one side.
Instead of airing your perceived grievance on a public forum, it would make more sense to just call the auctioneer to discuss the matter.

BTW, you didn't blow off $20. You blew off all of your purchases, which you were still obligated to pay for, except for the one that the auctioneer agreed to void if you didn't want to take it or hang around to discuss after the auction was over. Not paying for your other purchases was wrong.

http://www.t-na.com
281-479-7848

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm 

@ Ford, you are a real joke in itself, and your reading comprehension skills are nil .. I never said I run things up, I meant I bid on many items causing the ending realized purchase price to be higher for the auction company, thus making them more money..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:24 pm 

who in the sam hill said I want to run anybody out of business? besides having zero reading comprehension skills, you are putting words in my mouth too.. you are only culling certain things from my post and then turning them around and distorting everything, or worse.. it is one of the shadiest professions out there, and you will never convince me otherwise..too easy for auctioneers to pull wool over un-suspecting bidders.. everything from phantom bids, being pulled out of the air, to dragging in broken tractors to sell to some poor sap, to starting everything out too high and if you don't like it the auctioneer takes it back home to try to peddle it next time around, you name it, an auctioneer at one time or another has tried it, if he can make an extra buck

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:12 pm 

not paying for my other purchases is wrong? is it? if I bought the $60.00 item first and then thinking I will buy the other three items and pay more for them than I would normally do because I was very satisfied with my $60.00 first item purchase, then I turn back everything since I am counting on taking all or nothing home, since the last items were not deals standalone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:29 pm 

James Ford wrote:
Dane claims that he "wishes them well" as he continues to run them down and says he will no longer attend unless they pick up the phone and offer an apology. I wish Dane could make up his mind... he (claims that he) bids things up for the auctioneer or he gets things cheap so he can resell to make a windfall profit. He claimed that even $80 was a good price, but then accuses the auctioneer of trying to screw him out of $20 (maybe a $5 commission for the auctioneer)... yet the auctioneer gave him the option to void the sale versus having to wait around until after the auction to verify and/or correct any potential error.

Personally, I think Dane is the one that's wrong, as he continues to gripe about something that could have been easily remedied by talking to the auctioneer. But NO... he thinks badmouthing them over a misperceived wrong is the ethical thing to do based on his so-called principles.

Note to Dane... live auctions are not meant to be sources of goods for those that are looking for cheap deals, so they can make windfall profits by reselling the items on ebeigh or other outlet. They are intended to get the best/highest price for the goods. Yes, there will be some items that will sell for less than another market value. There will also be some items that will sell for more than the typical market value. But to allude that you are bidding things up for the auctioneer to help them is silly... If the auction was advertised appropriately, it's going to bring what it's going to bring.

No, I don't wish to lose any customers. Not even the low-ballers and scrappers that take some of the stuff that no one else wants. However, I don't need those that want to do nothing more than find fault and gripe about the way they think I should run my business and I don't care how much they might (claim to) spend. No, I won't be praying for those types to show up. Auctions were doing well before the TV shows and they will continue after the newbies are gone... or become regular auction goers. In all business, customers come and go for various reasons and as in any business, one must continue to attract new customers to not only replace those that have moved on, but to grow their business. It's just one of those facts of doing business and you're not going to put someone out of business with unsubstantiated claims of wrong-doing, just because you think you were wronged. One might wonder if you would apologize if the auctioneer turned out to be right. After all, he might have been recording the auction and there's the chance that you were mistaken. Believe it or not, it's happened many times at my auctions... from thinking they only bid one price (but it was higher) to someone thinking they were buying "all for one money" when it was being sold "times the money" and many other misunderstandings.

Like I've said, there's two sides to every story... yours is only one side.
Instead of airing your perceived grievance on a public forum, it would make more sense to just call the auctioneer to discuss the matter.

BTW, you didn't blow off $20. You blew off all of your purchases, which you were still obligated to pay for, except for the one that the auctioneer agreed to void if you didn't want to take it or hang around to discuss after the auction was over. Not paying for your other purchases was wrong.
I am not running them down, if I was running them down I'd be making false accusatory remarks about them, all I want is justice to pay $60.00 in which I won the bid rather than the FALSELY accounted $80.00 price they marked it as.. THE BACKUP BIDDER EVEN TOLD THEM HE STOPPED AT $55.00 with 5 dollar bid increments taken..did they think we were both liars? I did not know the backup bidder from shinola..what's in it for the backup bidder? NADA! how do you know what happened to the radio? you speak of out a 5 dollar commission when in reality the auction co. PROBABLY HAS IT LISTED ON EBEIGH right now if you look!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:37 am 

Dane Allen wrote:
I am not running them down, if I was running them down I'd be making false accusatory remarks about them, all I want is justice to pay $60.00 in which I won the bid rather than the FALSELY accounted $80.00 price they marked it as.. THE BACKUP BIDDER EVEN TOLD THEM HE STOPPED AT $55.00 with 5 dollar bid increments taken..did they think we were both liars? I did not know the backup bidder from shinola..what's in it for the backup bidder? NADA! how do you know what happened to the radio? you speak of out a 5 dollar commission when in reality the auction co. PROBABLY HAS IT LISTED ON EBEIGH right now if you look!

The only joker I see posting is using the name Dane... and talk about twisting things around and taking things out of context, well you take the cake, as can be seen in your previous comments. Yes, you just did it again. You are making allegations with absolutely nothing to back it up. You are claiming that they own the merchandise when you have no clue and then indicate they "PROBABLY HAS IT LISTED ON EBEIGH right now". Well, why don't you prove it.

You have done nothing but make a lot of accusations with no basis for any of them.
First, it's unlikely that the auctioneer ran you up, considering you claim there was a backup bidder.
Second, the auctioneer didn't write the bid on the ticket. The clerk did. Of course, the clerk is also human and MIGHT have made a mistake.

Instead of contacting the auctioneer, you do nothing but berate them. That is about as clueless as one can get.

Since you think auctioneers are scamming you, my recommendation is you should stick to Walmart and garage sales, as I can't think of any auctioneer that would want you at their auction, anyway.

Now, go find yourself a garage sale.

281-479-7848

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:46 am 

I think Dane is getting angry. His spelling in his most recent post has made a real turn for the worse.

The biggest problem Dane seems to have is he simply unable to admit his judgment and knowledge of auctions is suspect at best. And a dollar to a doughnut says he still has not talked to the auctioneer whom he claims to love, about what happened. This auctioneer whom he claims to love is also apparently, according to Dane, just plain crooked. Dane, comments like that, just make people wonder about you. If I truly thought an auctioneer was dishonest and crooked, I would stay away from that auctioneer. If I truly thought most auctions were deceitful and crooked, I would avoid auctions like the plague.

Lyn Liechty, auctioneer
www.arealauction.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:26 am 

Well...I gotta chime in. (that's right GOTTA !). What if this wad Dane's auction and we were selling HIS stuff. Would he like it if the auction was stopped midway and the money was rolling in ? I am sure not. And REALLY ???? All of this over $20....Dane, TALK TO THE AUCTIONEER AFTER THE SALE ! You may be surprised how good of guys & gals we really are !
Great points Lynn & Jim ! ;)
Jeffery Pennington, Auctioneer
New Castle PA
http://www.jeffpennauctions.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:15 pm 

John Adams wrote:
Dane.....Save Us all Some Headaches, Please Don't attend Live Auctions, Bid at Home Online, That Way All is Documented.

Hey John I do online. Don't send him my way. Ha Ha!!! It sounds like that one gripe turned into a rant about how much he really hates auctions. If we are all crooked, and we stick up for each other, and run up bids, and buy the items to profit on later, have employees running bids for us, impatient, rude, not attentive enough, do not hire enough staff (he could run an auction much better since he is such an experienced buyer), then why attend our auctions. If this is all the auctioneer ever did wrong in 10 years than I think the problem is you. You claim you still love them man it is ok for you to hate me if that is love. You come in here and make probably a dozen different references about dishonest auctioneers and then you want us to help you fix it. The auctioneer is supposed to magically suspect that you are angry and call you and apologize. If we are liars and thieves as you imply than such a moral man as yourself would take his business elsewhere. The truth of the matter there are a bunch of jerks in this world that think if you yell loud enough you will always get your way. Are you going to sue him over the $20 or did he do emotional damage to you worth thousands? Did you want others to not attend his sales? Would you like to see a man lose his business over a perceived $20 wrong? His instructions were to leave the item in question did the clerk ask you to leave all of the items are were you throwing a tantrum? Newbies are bidders you may hate that, but who cares. They pay their bills at the end same as you do. If they overpay for their items they will go broke or learn and it is none of your business. Our job is to sell to the highest bidder not make sweetheart deals with long time bidders. What is your profession? Why is it so morally correct? Who the hell are you to call a whole profession shady. You are a piece of crap and if you do not like that statement call a lawyer or go cry about it on a forum or hide in the corner somewhere. All the auctioneers on here know me and they will tell you I am generally cordial, but you have hit a nerve with me. Good luck with yard sales they will call the cops if you act like an ass.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:36 pm 

WOW James... Thanks for making my comments look cordial. Now, how about telling us what you really think. :lol:

;)

281-479-7848

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next