AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:13 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:06 am 

Good evening. We opened our auction house a few months ago about two hours north of phoenix, and its not been the most simple thing in the world. I do have a question. A good friend of mine kept telling me I should try the auction zip online live bidding, and this coming friday is going to be our first sale doing things that way. We even put our auction as a featured listing, and we actually have some very nice items up for sale. We have not put up the whole catalog yet, only about 100 of the 300 items. We only have about five bidders, and they aren't actually even registered, shows as incomplete. AS a bidder or an auction house, is this normal to not have actual bidders register until almost the day of the auction or? Also, do you normally register and bid online if an auction requires credit card to bid? Any help is greatly appreciated. Talk soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:26 am 

As a bidder with auctionzip I can tell you that you that most of your online pre auction bidder will hit 12-24 hrs out.

Live online bidders you will see.

Check your listed pics & see how many views they have.
As a bidder I found that shows how much interest there is in an item.

Ed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 pm 

Scott I have ran on auctionzip a few times and the previous post was correct. We got most of our interest just hours before the sale. You are going to sell the items anyway do not worry about it. Let it happen. Easier said than done I know.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:17 pm 

As a bidder also, I can say very unhappily that often I never receive auction notices in response to my saved "item" and "auctioneer" alerts from AuctionZip until only a day or so just before the actual auction date itself. This is incredibly annoying as far as planning is concerned (often I already have other obligations) and there seems to be no way to change anything. Worse, it's very difficult with so little or no time to get any condition or other information about items of interest.

Any number of times I have written auctioneers about this, and they all say they had scheduled with AuctionZip weeks (even) before the auction date, and have no idea why I am receiving their notices so late in the game.

"I'm not an auctioneer - I've just come to appreciate the good ones !"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:29 pm 

Hey everyone. Thanks for the replies. Our auction is this evening, and we are getting a good number of bidders and bids. We are very happy that we are online. We hope that some of you will join us tonight. We are prescott valley consignment auctions in prescott valley, az. Enjoy your day.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:56 pm 

Can you tell us if your auction was a success? Hoping it went well. Would love to hear about your first time online experience.