AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:02 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:40 pm 

G'Day Auctioneers,

You may be able to tell from my intro that I am an Australian that finds myself in New York now-days. I am just finalising my licensing and identifying suitable online/live platforms. If any one has referrals and comments regarding software and platforms they would be appreciated. I have included some information about myself below.

Looking forward to developing great industry contacts.

Duncan Schieb
http://www.duncanschiebinc.com

About Duncan Schieb

Australian-born and bred, Duncan Schieb has what they call a true “Australian Wanderlust.” He was born in a small cattle town about seven hours drive northwest of Sydney, where as a 12-year old, started calling live auctions for his father’s cattle trading and real estate company. From that time, Duncan has traveled the world and lived in the UK, Hong Kong, across Australia and now in New York City and has called over 8,000 auctions of all kinds – from real estate to fine art, jewelry, autos and antiques, as well as hundreds of charity auctions.

While living abroad, Duncan earned a license in property and asset valuation, acted as both a buyer’s and a seller’s agent for residential, commercial, agricultural and industrial properties, and developed a keen knack for marketing properties of all kinds.

Duncan moved to New York from Sydney in 2010 to marry his wife Stephanie who works in sports PR and corporate communications, and has been working as an auctioneer and in the real estate market from the moment he landed in the country. He is a team member of the New York Magpies, the city’s official Aussie Rules Football team (think Rugby but even rougher) and spends his free time traveling in his new home country and learning “American sports” like the NBA and NFL…but has not chosen his favorite teams yet!

AUCTIONEERING HIGHLIGHTS
For the past 13 years, Duncan has been a professional auctioneer crossing over a broad spectrum of industries including:
• Property - Rural, Residential and Commercial
• Luxury - fine Art, Antiques, Silver and Jewellery
• Agriculture - Plant and Machinery
• Auto - Motor Vehicles
• Livestock- Cattle and Sheep, bloodstock (horses)
• Goods and Chattels
• Charity and Non-profits

CHARITY AUCTIONEER
Duncan truly loves offering his services to charities around the world. See a highlight of his charity experience below. Charities seek Duncan out not only to call their auctions but to advise them on how to extract the maximum value from their fundraiser as Duncan has a true understanding of the system and what works best in the charity fundraising world.

Sampling of Charity Auctions Called
• 2011- Bid2Cure Diabetes- JDRF
• 2009- Alzheimers Foundation of America- ”For the Love of George”- NYC
• 2008/07/06- Bradman Foundation Sydney Auctioneer
• 2008 – Black Dog Institute Sydney Auctioneer
• 2008/07- Worlds Greatest Shave (Cancer) Sydney Auctioneer
• 2007/06/05- Breast Cancer Long Lunch Sydney Auctioneer
• 2004- South African AIDS fundraiser Hong Kong Auctioneer
• 2006/05/04- Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon Ball Sydney Auctioneer
• 2006/05/04- Macquarie Matrons Fund Raising Warren Auctioneer
• 2002- Royal Flying Doctor Service Warren Auctioneer
• 2000-Sydney Para-Olympics Calendar Launch Sydney Auctioneer