AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:44 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:09 pm 

We are seeing less and less traffic via the AuctionZip "free" onsite only listings. They went from free to $10 NOW $20. Less Auctioneers are posting their sales and less buyers are coming to the site to look for upcoming onsite only auctions in our area. Go to AZ any day of the week in and around the Wichita Metro Area and there will only be a few upcoming auctions listed BUT go to other sites and every Auction Company in the area has a sale listed. Data and information is key for traffic. Online traffic is key to having an onsite crowd. Anyone else across the Country experiencing this.???.

Troy Watts
Owner - Realtor - Auctioneer
Little Bull Auction & Sales Co.
( Established in 1997 )

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:07 pm 

I had not noticed the posting increase. I do feel the pain when picturing an ad. Stacy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:01 pm 

Stacy, do you run any online auctions with AZ/Invaluable?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:27 am 

No we don't do online

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:33 pm 

When and why did AZ feel the need to double the price to list? :evil: It's hard enough for smaller auction houses to make it. AZ used to the THE place to list now I find myself looking for other places to do it. Did they send out a notice or anything?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:48 pm 

Hi Michele Hammer, Yes they sent out an email. We are seeing WAY less traffic on their site because a lot of Auction Companies around Wichita Kansas have just quite posting their Auctions to AuctionZip. Any given weekend there are dozens of auctions around our area but only a couple listed on AuctionZip so the buyers are now looking at other listing sites to figure out what auction they want to attend. So, now we are paying double but seeing less traffic. AuctionZip is trying to be a "highend" site with their online auctions. We are getting priced out of the market with their expenses. Troy Watts ( Owner - Realtor - Auctioneer ) Little Bull Auction & Sales Co., Wichita Kansas

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:18 pm 

Just had a sale last Saturday and we had a huge turnout. Prices went through the roof. We filled a 20 yard roll off dumpster with the trash before the sale and then I was sick and forgot to get it on Auction Zip.

Two weeks ago I had a nice farm equipment sale. Had listed on Auction Zip & we ended up with a small crowd.

[url]www.bid1pro.com[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:16 pm 

From an auction BIDDER standpoint:

It is truly aggravating when a company that was free for so long starts charging and not long after doubles the price, but is $20 still not less than a newspaper ad ?

I use AZ, Live Auctioneers and Proxibid to find auctions I want to participate in, whether they are local that I can actually be there or online at a distance where I can't attend. Most auctioneers in our area have been priced out of newspaper ads.

Is there really any other way to keep track of upcoming auctions? Maybe Facebook but is there a calendar there or do you have to rely on potential bidders themselves remembering to look to see if you have an auction scheduled? I don't know, just asking - I do not use FB for much of anything.

For those who aren't aware, AZ (and the others) run subscription lists. We sign up and list "keywords" and when an auction description contains our searched for words, we get an email. (WE do not have to remember to check, they tell us.) They also offer "Favorite Auctioneer" lists so when one of the auctioneers we've specified we want to keep track of schedules an auction, we get an email.

Respectfully, if you are not TELLING your auction crowd about AZ (and whichever others you use), you should! Many have no idea about this service or how it works. It IS free on the bidder subscriber end, so all they have to do is sign up and click your name as a "Favorite Auctioneer" and they will get emails when you have scheduled sales and even updated your listing.

I miss the good old days when Steve Johnson was working it. AZ has not been the same since it was taken over by Art Fact and then Invaluable ........... clearly you miss them too.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:48 am 

I will use AuctionZip because my contract only for one Storage Company because my contract says I will, after that I will not use them. Finding my crowd isn't impacted at my other locations. The $10.00 per day for ads was bad enough, but at $20.00, that is just makes me make a business decision.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:35 am 

David Skains wrote:
I will use AuctionZip because my contract only for one Storage Company because my contract says I will, after that I will not use them. Finding my crowd isn't impacted at my other locations. The $10.00 per day for ads was bad enough, but at $20.00, that is just makes me make a business decision.

That sounds like good business sense to me, and I don't blame you. If enough auctioneers do this, AZ (excuse me, parent company Invaluable) should start rethinking their fees. Best of luck toyou.