AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:19 am
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 pm 

I am well aware of the Illinois auction license law as I was president of the Illinois State Auctioneers Ass'n. the year the law was passed and helped to draft the bill, testified at the hearings in both houses, was present when the Governor signed the the bill into law and helped AMP to write the test. I wasn't asking for non-licensed auctioneers. Just an invitation to any and all Illinois auctioneer that might like to donate his or her services to a very worthwhile cause and be part of an unusual auction gathering. When I left a 4 this afternoon there where over 500 lots of farm tractors and machinery, close to 400 pcs. of lawn and garden, several cars, truck and trailers plus acres of misc. from antiques to pure junk, and still coming in!!! This is their 49th auction and I have helped since the early 70's and this thing seems to grow every year. It does seem that we use to have more auctioneers help, but I'm sure that there will be enough to get the job done. Clerks are a problem as many were/are Lion club members and small towns are having a hard time finding members for the local organizations. I want to thank all you who read and replied. Maybe some of you can come next year and help on the 50th, Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Always the 1st Sat. in April

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:04 am 

I would have love to have came, but too far away. I think it is good to lend a hand. It feels good at least.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:11 pm 

Hi Alva,

Sounds like a great event! Thanks for helping our auction industry and keeping the standards high in Illinois.

View our upcoming auctions: http://www.auctionzip.com/WA-Auctioneers/271.html