AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 am
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:26 pm 

Thanks to fellow auctioneer Matt Holiday in South Carolina, he informed me a few days ago that AuctionPay was recently acquired by Global Pay in Atlanta, Georgia.

Ding dong the witch is dead! Is this an end to high credit card terminal fees, self-renewing 5 year huge dollar contracts, and the robbing of fundraising consulting ideas from auctioneers?

Apparently AuctionPay will be keeping their posh corporate offices in Portland, OR. Nothing like getting rich off of nonprofits.

The specualtion and questions I have are as follows. Will this new corporate purchase by a larger company affect all of AuctionPay's current contracts with nonprofits? Of course, AuctionPay consultants (internal employees) will still be providing consulting and providing information they have gained over the last five years from accomplished auctioneers, or will they? How will Global Pay's purchase of AuctionPay affect AuctionPay's failing Auctioneer Partner Program? :twisted:

I am curious to hear any additional news from those AuctionPay Partners. Forgive my macabre laugh - muwahahahaaaaaaa. I would love to hear from my friend Darron Meares if he has any news.

Will all of this mean that the attempted monopoly of the charity/benefit/fundraising auction industry finally be over? Gee, does this mean that free market competition is back in vogue? I hope Happy Days Are Here Again. :D

View our upcoming auctions: http://www.auctionzip.com/WA-Auctioneers/271.html