AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:12 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:41 am 

The last posting in this section is over a year old. Is the heavy equip biz dead? Or are there just no machine guys on AZ? I'm just curious about different aspects of auctions and was just poling around! ;)

Jason

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:25 am 

I hope it's not dead. I have several large pieces in an auction coming up in the spring. I suspect the guys who specialize in heavy equipment have little interest in a discusion board.

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer
http://www.arealauction.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:27 am 

Lyn,

I could have guessed that you would be the 1st (maybe only :lol: ) to answer a post even in heavy equip. What kind of machinery do you have coming up?

Jason

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:21 am 

I have a ManLift, a York Forklift, then the rest is more farm related. A dump trailer, enclosed trailer, and a nice pontoon boat.

I had three other big items, but the seller had a change of heart and pulled them. This is basically the living estate of an old farmer who has enough money and if he wanted a man toy, he went out and bought it. Not trying to advertise here, so if curious, just visit my May 1st auction at http://www.arealauction.com

I would hope you would get some real answers as I am not sure at all what I can expect out of the ManLift.

I might tell you that as mouthy as I am on the discussion board, I am a lot quieter and reserved in the flesh. I think it might be called the Superman/Clark Kent syndrome.

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:03 pm 

I have a sale on Jan. 30th 2010 with 2 forklifts, 3 Lulls (or equivilant all-terrain fork trucks) Hydraulic Scaffolding, 2 crains, and a couple of trucks. It is on Auctionzip under moundcity auctions. It is also listed on Bidspotter.
I teamed up with Burdette Wilber (whom I met at a NAA class 1 1/2 years ago).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:53 pm 

Rob,

Unrelated to this post, but congratulations on your comic auction! I can only imagine your excitement when you started to realize and quantify what you had to sell. We had a coin auction last fall that was similiar, no where near as much $$$ as yours, but the executor thought maybe $20 - $30,000. Needless to say, we far exceeded their expectations.

Good luck with your equipment.

Jason

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:59 am 

We were Asked to Assist Rob & Tina On the Comic Book Auction, What a Auction It was! They Did Their Homework, Preparing For this Auction, And With all Their Hard Work, It payed off For Them, And Their Seller. It was a Learning Experience For Me, Not having Much Knowledge of Comic Bools, And watching Proxybid & Icollector bids coming in. I appreciate Them, Asking Us to Assist. They are Great People. And Also Great, In Our Economy, Watching People Spend Like there was No tomorrow.
Thanks Rob & Tina.

http://WWW.JERSEYCOUNTYAUCTIONS.COM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:30 pm 

It is always a good feeling when one is only expecting to get on base and discovers he has just hit a home run!

Lyn Liechty, Auctioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:20 pm 

I owe a lot of the success of that auction to my helpers. My wife (Tina) spotted the books and asked the seller (we were not under contract yet but we like to treat people who call us as sellers from the moment we say hi) if we could take the books out of the house and sell them in a better location.

My son (we call him Rob Lite, because he is not a jr.) had to kick my ass the whole way. I didn't want to even bag and board the books. If you ever get comic books that are old, you just have to fork out the dough and bag and board the books. Then Lite had to talk us in to getting the books graded (I spent $50K doing this) and then we both had to listen to Tina. Heritage Auctions had made us a spectacular offer and Lite and I were 99 percent convinced to let them do the auction and Tina said "and who do you think will get the credit if they set World records with these books?" Tina put us right back in the game.

I had fantastic ring people in my daughter Ali and my other Auctioneers (John Adams and Burdette Wilber and Matt Adams) were top notch. My crew running the on-line bidding from Proxibid and iCollector were so good at times we Auctioneers could not keep up with the on-line bids. Our clerk Matt and the cashier Lisa (also my daughter-in-law) did a great job. My sister-in-law Karen put all the books (over 3,000) back in order when the dealers got them all unsorted. Even Ali's friend Web (yes that is his real name) got in on the action and got us set up on Auction Flex with both computers working with hours to spare. That reminds me Samantha at Auction Flex helped Web Walk through it (on a Sunday evening, that's what I call service).

We were truly blessed with this sale. I am just glad we didn't drop the ball for our seller. We sat 502 World records during a rescission, and like Tina said, We sat the records. We can't wait to do our next comic book auction (we already have 10,000 plus books and will soon pick up more). We were told by one full-time comic book Auctioneer that the last sale would take 5 years to pull off, and we did it in 5 months (with 3 full-time employees). That's a team effort.
Thanks for the kind words.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:53 am 

Wow! Rob & Tina great job! I would like to hear more! Where can I go to see the results?

Again, WOW!!

Shannon Hunter
Hunter's Auction Service