AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:10 am
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: self Storage auctions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:47 am 

Hello Folks,,I am trying to obtain online info--Concerning Storage unit auctions,,Times and dates in my area--Any help would be appreciated---Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:09 am 

Go to the home page of auctonzip. Under Categories, click on storage auctions. You should find everything you need there.

Lyn Liechty
http://www.arealauction.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:27 am 

There Are Alot Of Auctioneers That Do Storage Auctions, Including Myself, In the St.Louis,Mo & Illinois Area, You Need To Mention Where You are Looking to Buy. In our Area, It is a Very Competitive Market for Buyers.

http://WWW.JERSEYCOUNTYAUCTIONS.COM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:03 am 

You will have better luck going to the Legal section of your local paper. Most auction have to give the owners public legal notice of the sale.

RM

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:00 pm 

If I can add a note to the above (all great tips): In our area, one newspaper (for what reason I know not) is advertised in by about all the auctioneers within 100 miles in any direction. This is not our local newspaper and we didn't know about it for the longest time, finally discovered it. This newspaper runs a large "Auctions" display section one day a week. Many storage auctions are advertised in this section (also in the Legal Notices, as was pointed out). You might do some checking with the auctioneers in your area to see if there is a "special" paper in which they advertise, it may not be the local one.

Good luck!! :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 pm 

I would also add to Jane's comments... there may be special papers in some areas, that are used for such notices, as well. Of course, this would typically be in larger Metro areas.

In Houston, these legal notices are placed in the Daily Court Review, which publishes all legal notices for the county, from new businesses to court cases and everything in between.

If in doubt, call several of the different storage companies and ask where they post their notices. Most of them will normally use the same publication.

Jim Ford
Professional Auctioneer & Auction Marketing for the 21st Century

http://www.t-na.com
281-479-7848

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:32 pm 

I hear of people getting wonderful deals at storage auctions. Would you give me any advise on what to watch out for. We have an auction house and would like to start buying and reselling in this market. Any suggestions would be fabulous.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:23 pm 

As stated before there are newspapers that list posting, and Auctionzip is a great site to find storage auctions that are conducted by auctioneers. Keep in mind the new changes to the storage law in several states. Storage companies can list delinquent tenants on a public web site. Some auctioneers who specialize doing storage unit Auctions have web sites which can help you keep informed of coming auctions. We are doing Storage unit auctions in many states and as a newer auction company or a new auction house if you need merchandise to get started or to continue sales this is a good souce. Go To http://www.blairauction.com for our web site. The new Storage notification site coming soon is http://www.storagelegalnotice.com This will have a tenant notice and a auction site of coming auctions. Hope this helps. Wayne Blair, Blair Auction & Appriasal LLC. Good Luck

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:55 pm 

When buying storage rooms here are some things to look for.

Quality of boxes that items are packed in. If someone is paying $5 a box for Uhaul boxes there is a good chance that it is a profitable unit.

Look at any of the merchandise that is viewable if it is good quality chances are the rest you can't see is good.

You also want to buy whole house holds, not the stuff that thay they have no room at home for.

If you see a good unit don't be scared to bid! What is a whole estate worth?

I have seen auction where they bid $300 for a 5x10 half full and only $500 for a 10x20 packed to the ceiling. The 10x20 has 5 times as much stuff.

Gamble, gamble, gamble. It only takes one good unit to make up for a lot of bad ones.

RM

PS You better like to work, because storage rooms are sweat equity.lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:49 am 

Remember when buying storage lots, You must take everything, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly! They are Typical Cash Only, So bring Plenty, You hate to miss a Good one. Attend a Few before You Buy, Get the Feel of Things. I have Been Buying Storage Units over 30 Years,And this has been our Main Source of Auction Goods for the Most Part. We Do have Many Auctions, And The Weeks We don't have An Estate, We still have a Good Full Household Auction from The Storage Lots.
Remember When ever You buy These, Don't Advertise or Announce You bought Some Storage Units, And this Is what Your Selling....The People Don't Want the Auctioneer Making Money...But they Do want The Auctioneer There Every Week...Just Not Making Money!

http://WWW.JERSEYCOUNTYAUCTIONS.COM