AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:55 am
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 3:24 pm 

It's all a matter of opinion, and I can see how offering a co-op can benefit the seller in some instances, I just choose not to split the fee most of the time. But I can see the logic in doing so sometimes.

Corbin KY 40701

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:28 am 

Adam, I don't solicit partnership with Realtors. I'm not saying that I haven't worked with them, I have, but it has been under my contract and I do the auction. I have never listed on the MLS. With the saturation of advertising I do, I think my sales will get noticed. I do get calls every time that we do a sale from some RE person about buyer's participation. I've never done this either. They all have the same story, I've got someone that is interested in the property. Again, I feel that if anyone is interested they will see it somewhere that we advertise and are smart enough to bid for themselves. I'm going around the long way to say I don't really see any benefit to listing on the local MLS even if it was allowed. I would much rather advertise on http://www.landandfarm.com/lf/, here the property can be seen world wide. I do and have seen benefit from that source. I'm thinking about driving up to Ken's Sunday, if I do, maybe I'll see you there.

300 B West Madison Avenue
Athens, TN 37303
http://www.ratcliffauction.com
e mail: ratcliffsells@mindspring.com

Phone 1-888-746-0164

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:44 pm 
I have listed all my Real Estate Sales on the MLS, and I do receive a lot of prospects. The only problem I have is our MLS must show a price. I don't like to show a price and would like to use the word AUCTION. I have been incontact and wrote letters, but they will not change their system. I currently show $1.00 (one dollar) and explain in the comments section it is an auction and the terms and conditions. This attracts a lot of of buyers.
Lew Bromer - Ciyahoga Falls Ohio