Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions of Sale.
This is a live auction. The buyer's premium is 30%. If you have questions please contact us before the auction! All lots are sold as-Is, where-is unless otherwise stated.
1. This auction is conducted under the laws of the State of Maryland. All lots are sold as-is, where-is. The property described in this catalogue, as amended by any posted notices or oral announcements during the sale, will be sold by Fairhill Auction LLC (Fairhill Auction) as agent for various owners (the consignors). All property is sold 'as is' and neither Fairhill Auction nor the consignor makes any warranties or representations of any kind or nature with respect to the property or its value, and in no event shall they be responsible for correctness of description, genuineness, attribution, provenance, authenticity, authorship, completeness, condition of the property or estimate of value. No statement (oral or written) in the catalogue, at the sale, or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation, or any assumption of responsibility.
2. The total buyer's premium for all bids submitted through Invaluable.com is 30% and will be added to your final invoice. Our in-house buyer's premium is 25%, and a 5% surcharge is applied by Invaluable.com for using their services, those fees may show on your invoice as a combined total or displayed separately. Payments shall be made by cash, check, money orders, or major credit card. Invoices over $2,000 must be paid by check or bank transfer and all bank wire fees are payable by the buyer. Please note that registered credit cards may be charged by the auctioneer automatically 4 days after an invoice has been sent. Please notify the auctioneer immediately if you wish to pay by other means.
3. The Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid for any reason, at any time, before or during the auction. In cases of clerking errors, third-party bidding platform errors, miscommunication, technical malfunctions, or any other errors, the auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw the lot after the hammer has fallen. The auctioneer is the ultimate authority in the determination of the final hammer price.
4. The Auctioneer reserves the right to withdraw any lot for any reason at any time.
5. Our auctions are offered simultaneously on multiple proxy bidding sites, we offer direct absentee bidding with Fairhill Auction, we may offer live floor bidding, and we may offer live telephone bidding. In the event of duplicate high bids, the earliest bid received will be the winner as determined by the bidding records. Absentee bids placed through any third-party proxy site, such as Invaluable.com, etc., are delivered to the auctioneer and the clerk when the lot is opened for bidding by the auctioneer and not before, hence these bids will not be considered an early absentee bid by the auctioneer. Only absentee bids submitted through our website at Fairhillauction.com or directly by phone or email, will be considered as early absentee bids and tracked by time and date stamps. If you need clarification or have further questions please contact us before bidding.
6. Some lots may carry a hidden reserve at or below the low estimate, any lot that does not meet that hidden reserve will not be sold. Reserves and maximum bids, will not be disclosed. You may see a current high bid on Invaluable.com, which only applies to Invaluable.com, not taking into consideration competing bids received by competing proxy bidding sites, or bids received directly by Fairhill Auction LLC. The current bid status will be announced by the auctioneer when a lot is opened for live bidding.
7. All lots are sold AS-IS, where-is, unless otherwise stated in the lot description. If you have questions please email us at [email protected] before bidding.
8. All items are in very good condition unless stated otherwise. Items housed in frames have not been examined outside of the frame. Lots that bear defects or damage not visible because of framing or matting or any other obstructions, will not be subject to return because of hidden damage. The auctioneer will not be responsible for nor refund shipping costs, auction appraisal fees, authentication fees, testing, or any other post-auction costs. Under no circumstances will the auctioneer be responsible for lost profits or other financial damages. We do not refund shipping charges or fees.
9. Any lot containing four or more items is not subject to return for any reason.
10. Bidders are advised that we are not selling frames or framing glass, and therefore the condition of the frame or the glass shall not be considered a reason for return. Shipping costs for framed items may vary greatly depending on the size and/or weight of the frame, and at times these charges may be more than the hammer plus the buyer's premium. Customers may request us to remove autographs, artwork, etc. from its frame to reduce shipping charges. We will accommodate customers in that respect for an additional charge of $10.00 per framed item, please note such service will be undertaken at our sole discretion and only after full payment has been received. Fairhill Auction LLC will exercise care in removing items from frames, but this is done ENTIRELY at the risk of the buyer and the buyer fully indemnifies Fairhill Auction LLC for any damage that may occur as a result of any attempt by us to remove the item from a frame, mat, glass, etc.
11. Photographs of lots may have been adjusted for size, color, brightness, or contrast, for display purposes only. We do not guarantee the color or contrast of lots displayed online matches the sold items due to variances in external device color calibration.
12. Estimated selling prices are for guidance only. Actual selling prices may be higher or lower than our estimates.
13. The placing of a bid is a legal contract and binds the bidder to purchase the lot at or below the bid placed, plus the buyer's premium (see paragraph 2). Bids may not be retracted without our approval: those doing so will be blocked from future participation. Please think before you bid! You are legally bound once you do so. Fairhill Auction LLC cannot remove or cancel your bid on Invaluable.com, if you have bid in error you will have to cancel your bid with assistance from Invaluable.com.
14. All bidding is undertaken competitively. The winning bid will always be one bidding increment over the second-highest bid. The minimum acceptable bid for any lot is one-half (50%) of the low estimate given in the item description. Bidders may call us at 443-222-8240 during office hours, Monday through Friday 10 A.M. - 5 P.M. EST. Live bidding: Bids entered during the course of the sale by bidders on the floor, on the phone, or live on the internet, will be taken at the amount bid.
15. Payment is expected immediately upon receipt of the invoice. We accept cash, checks, money orders, all major credit cards. All accounts are payable to Fairhill Auction. Payment must be made in U.S. funds. If registration is secured with a valid credit card, Fairhill Auction LLC may automatically charge the card on file four (4) days after an invoice has been sent. If you wish to pay by alternate means it is your responsibility to contact Fairhill Auction LLC by email at [email protected] or 443-222-8240 to make other arrangements. Please note that lots purchased are subject to 6% Maryland sales taxes where applicable unless a resale number is filed with us before the auction at the time of registration. We reserve the right to cancel invoices not paid within 30 days. Transfer of property rights only takes effect after payment, not by being the highest bidder. Fairhill Auction LLC reserves the right to re-offer or re-sell any lot if items are not paid for within 30 days, or earlier if the winning bidder has made verbal or written statements of refusal to pay for an item. If a bidder contacts Fairhill Auction LLC during or after the auction and claims a bid in error, the auctioneer may, in his judgment, immediately sell the lot to the underbidder for the last bid placed.
16. Shipping is fulfilled in-house. Shipping and handling charges will be added to the final invoice. International shipping is very expensive. We are required to ship with tracking and signature confirmation to protect Fairhill Auction LLC, the buyer, and the seller, from fraud. We will only ship to the address on file and registered with the payment method. Shipping will be determined by the volumetric dimension and destination. If you have any shipping questions, please contact us before placing a bid! High shipping cost is not a valid reason for not paying an invoice. Should you require to ship outside of the USA and wish a quote, please contact us at [email protected] before bidding.
17. Property purchased and paid for by successful bidders but remaining unclaimed after 90 days will be deemed abandoned and the title will be ceded to Fairhill Auction LLC unless you make arrangements with Fairhill Auction LLC to hold items.
18. Although careful precaution has been taken in the preparation of this catalog, we assume no responsibility for omissions or errors. The absence of a condition statement does not imply that an item is in perfect condition or completely free from wear and tear, imperfections, or the effects of aging. Any condition statement is given as a courtesy and is only an opinion and should not be treated as a statement or a fact.
19. The placing of a bid shall constitute acceptance of the preceding terms and conditions. Please note that by registering with Fairhill Auction LLC and/or submitting a bid in this auction you agree to all the Terms and Conditions of Sale herein and on any participating website.
The total buyer's premium for all bids submitted through Invaluable.com is 30% and will be added to your final invoice. Our in-house buyer's premium is 25%, plus the 5% fee charged by Invaluable.com for using their platform, those fees may show on your invoice as a combined total or displayed separately.
Payment is expected immediately upon receipt of the invoice. We accept cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards. Registration requires a valid credit card, Fairhill Auction LLC may automatically charge the card on file four (4) days after an invoice has been sent. If you wish to pay by alternate means it is your responsibility to contact Fairhill Auction LLC by email at [email protected]ion.com or 443-222-8240 to make other arrangements. All accounts are payable to Fairhill Auction. Payment must be made in U.S. funds.
Maryland Sales Tax
6% Maryland sales will be added to purchases picked up in Maryland; shipped, or delivered to an address in Maryland. If you have a Maryland resale certificate you must supply the information at registration before the auction.
Shipping is fulfilled in-house. Shipping and handling charges will be added to the final invoice. International shipping is very expensive. We are required to ship with tracking and signature confirmation to protect Fairhill Auction LLC, the buyer, and the seller, from fraud. We will only ship to the address on file and registered with the payment method. Shipping will be determined by the volumetric dimension and destination. If you have any shipping questions, please contact us before placing a bid! High shipping cost is not a valid reason for not paying an invoice. Should you require to ship outside of the USA and wish a quote, please contact us at [email protected] before bidding.