26" long (across arc) 19th century African elephant ivory horn, or oliphant. 3" opening. Weighs about 2.6 pounds. Several fissures forming from age, but no splits affecting structural integrity. We have several pieces of ivory in this auction. Please note: This cannot be sold or shipped where prohibited.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer
You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 20.0% and any applicable taxes and shipping.
View full terms and conditions
* All items sold "AS IS, WHERE IS" with all faults.
* All descriptions believed accurate but not warranteed.
* Bidder inspection is encouraged.
* By placing a bid, bidder signifies that they have examined the items to their satisfaction, or that they have chosen not to personally examine them.
* In the event of tied bids between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the tie will go to the floor bidder.
* We reserve the right to reject any bid at our sole discretion.
* Applicable taxes will be collected.
*Absentee and phone bids are accepted for bidders who pre-register and provide payment information.
*Online bidders will be invoiced the week after the auction. Payment is expected within 7 days of invoicing, after which time an unpaid item dispute will be opened. Items will no longer be available 2 weeks after a dispute is opened.
*Your invoice will include a link for you to make your own secure payment with a credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
*Personal checks are accepted -- shipping will be held until the check clears.
*Due to rampant credit card fraud, all international transactions over $500 must be completed via bank wire transfer. For any large invoices, shipping may be held for additional credit card validation.
*Where possible, we provide in-house packing and shipping via UPS and USPS that is done with excellence and is competitively priced. We do not make a profit on shipping. Your invoice will include shipping unless otherwise noted, and you are also welcome to contact local third-party shippers or make your own arrangements for pickup or shipping.
*The cost of packing some items and shipping via UPS or USPS may be significant due to labor, materials and dimensional weight -- where these item are noted, please contact us for a quote prior to bidding.
* Some items are noted which must be shipped via freight or cargo services -- we will provide you with a list of vendors to make your own arrangements.
Florida buyers will be charged 7% sales tax on the hammer price of items. If you have a valid tax-exempt resale certificate,please email a copy of it to [email protected] to have the sales tax removed.