Conditions of Sale
Terms and Conditions
By submitting your bid, you agree that:
• You agree to pay a buyer's premium of (18%) plus 5% transaction fee to Invaluable and any applicable taxes and shipping.
**Your Bid Is a Contract: By placing a bid with Finger Lakes Auction, buyer understands that he/she is making a legally binding offer to purchase. If the bid is accepted by Finger Lakes Auction, a legally binding contract is created at the instant of acceptance. In the event of non-payment by the bidder, according to the terms stated in this auction listing, Finger Lakes Auction is entitled to seek compensation from buyer for all costs of re-selling this lot, any difference in price between the two sales and all legal fees incurred by Finger Lakes Auction in securing such payments from buyer.
Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company, LLC - Conditions of Sale
All property offered and sold through Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company, ("Auctioneer", or "Broker", or the "Company") shall be offered and sold on the terms and conditions set forth in these Conditions of Sale.
By participating in any sale, you acknowledge that you are bound by these terms and conditions. Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company has made every effort to catalog and describe accurately property to be sold. The Company, however, assumes no risk, liability or responsibility for the identification or authenticity
authorship, or weight, count, or measure of any property identified in its catalog or lists of sale. The Company is not responsible for variations in color due to photo reproduction.
If you are a winner you will be notified by AuctionZip or Invaluable which will include a link for payment. We may also contact you to verify payment method and PICK-UP, DELIVERY or SHIPMENT arrangements.
We prefer PAYMENTS through AuctionZip or Invaluable by clicking the link on your emailed invoice. We may contact you again to re-verify your credit card information in order to protect you from fraudulent activities. ([email protected] or call 607.607.592.7884.
Payment must be completed within 4 business days after final notification of purchase and shipping charges. Items not paid within this period will be charged to credit card on file (unless prior arrangements are made). Non payment may also result in cancellation of sale, re-sale to others, and Negative Feedback for the bidder.
RETURN POLICY -- ALL SALES ARE FINAL. Returns are NOT accepted unless item was misrepresented. Absolutely no returns for items that are determined to be unauthentic. Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company, LLC makes NO CLAIMS of AUTHENTICITY. All items sold "As Is" "Where Is".
**Finger Lakes Auction Company reserves the right to offer any lots for which payment is not received within ten days of the auction, to the back-up bidder or other interested parties. In the case of any lot for which payment is not received within ten days of the auction, the high bidder understands and accepts that he/she relinquishes any right of title to that lot, should Finger Lakes Auction arrange to sell said material to another buyer. Finger Lakes Auction making such an offer to another buyer does not release the winning bidder from the legally binding contractual obligations accepted by bidding; the winning bidder remains legally bound to complete the purchase until such time as he/she receives written notification from Finger Lakes Auction that the material has been sold to another buyer. Winning bidder agrees to pay any difference between the original high bid and the offer accepted by Finger Lakes Auction from a back-up bidder or other party. Finger Lakes Auction reserves the right to re-list in a later auction, any lots for which payment is not received within ten days of the auction and in that event, the bidder agrees to pay Finger Lakes Auction all foregone commission amounts and buyer's premiums which would have been earned had the original high bid been paid. Additionally, winning bidders who do not pay within ten days from the auction agree to compensate Finger Lakes Auction for any and all collection and reasonable legal fees incurred by Finger Lakes Auction in its effort to secure payment from the winning bidder, including but not limited to litigation. If payment is made after ten days have elapsed since the auction, all sales are final on the lots included on said invoice(s); lots for which payment is made but not within ten days of the auction shall be sold as-is and are ineligible for return, regardless of any errors in the description(s).
PICK-UP available at our Ithaca Auction House by arrangement. U.S. and world-wide shipping/delivery available, subject to specific rules for firearms and weapons. Depending on the arrangements, additional handling expenses are the responsibility of the buyer. Please email or call for specific information ([email protected] or call 607.592.7884 )
All DOMESTIC Shipments are insured -- Insurance on International Shipments Vary Based on Country on Method of Shipment. Winning Bidders are charged the actual shipping cost: insurance fee, postage fee, special handling fees (if applicable) and a minimal $10 handling fee. We combine shipping and packaging for multi-lot orders whenever practical. Preferred shippers are USPS, UPS, FedEx Ground, though others may be used.
All items must be removed within 5 business days of payment or alternative pick-up / shipping arrangements must be made. Items remaining at the auction location longer than 5 business days after payment may incur a storage fee and could be considered abandoned with payments to be forfeited and the item re-sold.
Shipping costs are difficult to estimate prior to purchase because we try to combine all items won by a bidder into a single package. We welcome shipping cost inquiries prior to bidding but we do not guarantee any shipping estimates until your purchase is ready for shipment.
ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR ALL AUCTIONS:
1. Finger Lakes Auction MAKES NO CLAIMS of AUTHENTICITY!! Art advertised as "Original" means it was created by an artists hand and not a print. "Original" DOES NOT IMPLY AUTHENTICITY.
2. All items are offered for sale AS IS, WHERE IS and NO WARRANTY or guarantee is made or implied as to condition, authenticity or era of any described item. and ALL SALES ARE FINAL.
3. By bidding on any item, the bidder shows acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
4. A BUYER'S PREMIUM WILL BE ADDED TO THE HAMMER PRICE OF EACH LOT.
5. Items are open to thorough public inspection. It is the bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet and at the auction but makes no representations.
6. In no event shall Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
7. Bidders who bid from off-site and are not present at the live auction or preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidder's responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor.
8. The auctioneer has the sole discretion to advance the bidding and may reject a nominal advance, should it in his estimation prove injurious to the auction.
9. The auctioneer shall be the final judge in all bidding disputes and shall name a bidder as the winner.
10. If a High Bid is simultaneously submitted by more than one bidder, whether on-line, from the live audience or absentee, the auctioneer will determine the winning bid.
11. Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company shall not be held responsible for any "missed" bids or bids unseen or unheard by the auctioneer.
12. Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.
13. Finger Lakes Estate and Auction Company, LLC assumes no responsibility for error in the catalog, advertising, or on the part of the bidder.
14. All announcements made at auction time take precedence over all prior written, verbal or electronic statements.
15. 8% New York Sales Tax will be charged for items shipped to New York addresses. All Dealers must provide a valid resale number upon registration and fill out New York Resale Card prior to bidding for Tax Exempt Status.
16. A minimum $30 processing fee will be charged if your initial payment method is declined and additional payment arrangements are needed.
17. All auction inquiries and condition reports must be received 24 hours prior to the start of the auction. The deadline for email inquiries is 8 pm EST the day prior to the scheduled auction.
Email: [email protected]
We accept credit cards for payment for any winning on-line bidders at all sales. We require credit card information to bid, and may use it for payment if you are the winning bidder.
Winning bidder credit cards may be charged 4 days after an invoice has been sent.
PICK-UP available at our auction house in Ithaca, NY. Some PICK-UP arrangements may incur additional fees. Contact us at [email protected] or call 607.207.0180
**Please Note - Credit Card Payments Take a MINIMUM of Three Business Days to Clear** Items are shipped Within Five Business Days AFTER Payment Clears**
SHIPPING & DELIVERY available in New York, U.S. and world-wide subject to regulations on specific items. Additional fees may apply.
SHIPMENTS will be at buyer's expense. Shipping will be combined whenever practical for multi-lot orders. Winning Bidder pays ACTUAL shipping costs plus $10 Handling Fee.
SPECIAL SHIPPING NOTE:
Due to the size and/or fragility of some pieces Finger Lakes Auction may utilize a third party shipping company. For larger and/or more fragile pieces, Finger Lakes Auction will deliver piece directly to the shipping company along with all the necessary shipping and contact information. The Pack and Ship Store will contact the winning bidder directly to arrange payment. Finger Lakes Auction charges a minimal $10 fee to deliver items to third party shipping company. Items will be delivered to shipping company within FIVE business days following cleared payment of item. Please contact us for any further information.
Items Shipped within 5 to 7 Business Days of Receiving CLEARED Payment. Please contact us AFTER 7 Business Days of Payment if Tracking Is Desired. Email Shipping Inquires to [email protected]
See Terms & Conditions for additional PICK-UP, DELIVERY and SHIPPING information.