Conditions of Sale
PAYMENT, INTEREST and STORAGE FEES
Any invoice totaling more than $100,000 must be paid within three (3) days. All other merchandise must be paid in full within seven (7) days of the date of the invoice. Payments can be made by going to your account online at www.morphyauctions.com, call 877-968-8880 or mail payment to: Dan Morphy Auctions LLC 2000 N Reading Rd, Denver, PA 17517. Interest will be charged on all balances not paid at the rate of 1-1/2% monthly (18% APR) effective 30 days from the invoice date. All goods not retrieved by Buyer within 45 days after the invoice date, shall be subject to a daily storage fee as follows: $5/day per regular sized item or $10/day per oversized item. Buyer authorizes MORPHY's to sell, at their standard commission and consignment contract terms, any goods not retrieved after a 90-day period in any manner deemed appropriate by MORPHY's and the proceeds will be applied to any outstanding balance due from the buyer.
Any outstanding balance will be auto charged to the credit card on file. If you wish to pay by another method, please contact us within 48 hours after the sale.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, personal checks, certified checks, wire transfers, money orders, and cash.
• Sneakers, Jewelry, Watches, Coin and Currency Items - We accept cash, wire transfer, check, certified checks and money orders only. No credit cards will be accepted for invoices containing these items.
• CREDIT CARD - We will not accept credit card payment for any jewelry, watch, coin or currency purchases. If a credit card is used as any form of total payment, invoice will reflect a 3% surcharge on the entire invoice. This charge is automatically added but will be discounted if payment is received by cash, check, money order or wire transfer. MORPHY's reserves the right to refuse to ship to a different address than the billing address on the credit card being used.
• CHECK - There will be a $30.00 service charge for returned checks. Make checks payable to: Dan Morphy Auctions LLC. MORPHY'S reserves the right to hold items paid for by personal or company check until said check clears (14 days). MORPHY'S has the right to hold all checks over $2,000. Customers who have an established successful buying history with MORPHY'S may be exempt from this requirement. We will accept a personal or company check >$2,000 from a first time buyer if you provide a Bank Letter of Credit, available on our website, www.morphyauctions.com.
• WIRE TRANSFERS - There will be a $30 charge added to all wire transfers less than $2,000. Please add this amount to your invoice total before sending a wire transfer.
In the few situations where a successful bidder does not remit payment when due, MORPHY'S will proceed with the legal steps necessary to protect its interests and will block the bidder from future auction participation.
• It is the bidder's responsibility to take shipping, handling, and insurance costs into consideration when bidding on items.
• BIDDERS PRESENT AND TAKING ITEMS AFTER AUCTION - Since item liability transfers upon a successful bid, items paid for must be packed, transported and/or removed by the buyer at his/her own risk after the close of the sale. We recommend that you arrange insurance for your items immediately upon becoming the highest bidder. If any employee or agent of MORPHY'S shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the buyer. MORPHY'S shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee.
• ITEMS NOT PICKED UP THE DAY OF THE SALE - Packaging, shipping, and insurance on all items that MORPHY'S agrees to ship to locations that can accept shipments will be made available as an added courtesy and at an additional cost. We recommend that you arrange insurance for your items immediately upon becoming the highest bidder. All applicable charges will be applied to the invoice. Shipping will be based on actual costs via FedEx, USPS, or other carriers required based upon the contents of the shipment. Packaging and insurance will vary in cost depending on the items on each invoice. All packages will be shipped with insurance. Oversize and breakable items, which MORPHY's will indicate on the invoice, will ship based upon the buyer's arrangement with a 3rd party shipper. MORPHY's cannot combine standard item shipments with oversize and breakable item shipments. Again, if any employee or agent of MORPHY'S shall pack or transport the merchandise, it is fully at the risk and responsibility and expense of the buyer. MORPHY'S shall not be held liable for any loss or damage that may be caused by the said agent or employee.
• SHIPPING TERMS - MORPHY'S will ship items to the buyer at the listed address via FedEx or other carriers, FOB Denver, Pennsylvania or FOB other auction locations. Any risk of loss or damage to the item(s) during transit via FedEx, or any other carrier, in excess of the insurance provided by or purchased from MORPHY'S, is at the risk of the buyer. Any additional insurance coverage should be purchased by the buyer through the carrier. Buyer releases MORPHY's from any and all claims for loss or damage to any item during transit and agrees to pay all costs of defense, including attorney's fees, for any claims brought against MORPHY'S for loss or damage occurring during transit.
• INSURANCE - Shipping insurance is automatically added, which you can decline by contacting us and providing a signed waiver of insurance form. Insurance for all 3rd party shipments must be arranged through that carrier. Insurance provided or purchased through MORPHY's applies only to shipments to the United States and Canada. Buyers must purchase their own insurance for shipments to other countries.
• INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS - MORPHY'S has the capability to ship to international bidders. By law, MORPHY'S cannot, and will not, declare lesser values for any international purchases and all shipments will include the invoice with purchase totals including the buyer's premium and shipping cost. All international bidders are responsible for knowing their country's laws on importing items and for paying all customs and duties on the items.
• 3RD PARTY SHIPPING OF OVERSIZE ITEMS -Buyers will need to either pick up the items personally or arrange a 3rd party shipping service for oversize items. As a general guideline, the following will indicate which packages apply, as they are of a certain weight, length, or dimensional size.
o Dimensional size is length (the longest measurement) + (height x 2) + (width x 2). For example, a 36" x 36" x 12" package = 36 + (36 x2) + (12 x 2) = 132"
o USA home shipments must be <70 lbs. and <108" length and <165" dimensional size
o USA business shipments must be <150 lbs. and <108" length and <165" dimensional size
o International shipments must be <150 lbs. and <108" length and <130" dimensional size
o There may be certain shipments that meet these requirements that will still require 3rd party shipping, and we will communicate the reason in those cases.
• 3RD PARTY SHIPPING OF BREAKABLE, DELICATE, FRAGILE ITEMS - MORPHY'S reserves the right to choose items and orders that it will pack, ship, and/or insure directly using our shipping department. Those items that MORPHY'S will not ship will require that the buyer either pick up the items personally or arrange a 3rd party shipping service. Examples of items that may apply after determination by our shipping department include but are not limited to: items with neon of any type (working or non-working), all glass display cases of any size; coin-operated, arcade and vending items with fragile parts and/or glass; signs with parts or protrusions beyond the main body of the sign, oversized vases (guideline - larger than fit in a 20" x 20" x 40" box), high value lamps and glass of all sizes, high value artwork including but not limited to paintings, statuary, sculpture, figurines, dioramas, and other intricate items; and items subject to impact by moisture and known handling issues in the supply chain. Under no circumstances will MORPHY'S be responsible for shipping damage to picture frames of any kind.
• For any buyers who wish to arrange for their own shipping, MORPHY'S must be notified at least seven (7) days prior to arrival of the shipping company name, arrival date and time. Pickup must be scheduled to begin and end within our normal business hours (9am - 4pm weekdays). Buyers must arrange weekend pickups in advance with MORPHY'S staff, and additional charges may be necessary for overtime. All 3rd party shippers must arrive with a copy of the invoice.
• STORAGE FEE - MORPHY'S will charge a daily storage fee of $5/day per regular sized item or $10/day per oversized item for any items awaiting pickup for more than 45 days following the invoice date. Buyer authorizes the MORPHY's to sell, at their standard commission and consignment contract terms, any goods not retrieved after a 90-day period in any manner deemed appropriate by MORPHY's and the proceeds will be applied to any outstanding balance due from the buyer.
• FIREWORKS - MORPHY'S can only ship Class 1 Division 1.4 and 1.6 Explosives (as described in the following website: http://environmentalchemistry.com/yogi/hazmat/placards/class1.html) per the 49CFR 173.50 and can only ship these via FedEx. All items not shippable must be picked up by the buyer.
A 26% buyer's premium will be added to all successful bids and is payable by the buyer as part of the total purchase cost. A 3% merchant fee is also automatically applied to all invoices but can be discounted upon payment by cash, check, money order or wire transfer that is received within 7 days from the receipt of the invoice. If the type of payment is split, invoice will reflect the 3% charge for merchant fees on the entire invoice. In addition, a surcharge will be added for certain third-party online bidding platforms the bidder utilizes. Refer to your bidding platform of choice for the final buyer's premium.
State Sales tax:
MORPHY'S is required to collect sales tax where our company established nexus in the previous year. Sales tax rate will be charged by law on behalf of the state and locality where the customer of record takes possession of their purchase. Lots are subject to all applicable state and local taxes, unless appropriate permits are on file with MORPHY'S including lots delivered to you, or your representative. It is the bidder's responsibility to know the sales tax rate applicable. As a convenience, here is a resource to find your applicable sales tax: https://www.taxjar.com/sales-tax-calculator. Bidder agrees to pay MORPHY'S the actual amount of tax due in the event that sales tax is not properly collected due to: 1) an expired, inaccurate, or inappropriate tax certificate or declaration, 2) an incorrect interpretation of the applicable statute, 3) or any other reason. The appropriate form or certificate must be on file at and verified by MORPHY'S five days prior to Auction, or tax must be paid; only if such form or certificate is received by MORPHY'S within 4 days after the Auction can a refund of tax paid be made. Lots from different auctions may not be aggregated for sales tax purposes.
Grading Scale (where applicable)
Near Mint Plus... 97% - 100%
Near Mint........ 90% - 96%
Excellent........ 80% - 89%
Very Good........ 70% - 79%
Good ............ Below 70%