TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. ALL PROPERTY IS SOLD AS IS / WHERE IS AND ALL SALES ARE FINAL. The Auctioneer will, describe, to the best of her/his ability, the items for sale. There are no warranties, expressed or implied. The bidder is solely responsible for determining the age, size, condition and value of the property PRIOR TO bidding. Neither the Auctioneer nor the Consignor will be held responsible for any descriptions of the rarity, quality, condition, size, importance, or provenance of the property, and NO statement, whether oral or written, by the Auctioneer or by any representative of Bangor Auction Company shall be deemed a warranty or representation regarding the property offered for sale.
2. The buyer's premium on property purchased will be in the amount of 13% of the final bid price.
3. Upon registering, the bidder must provide valid identification, Name, Address, and Contact information.
4. Buyer must provide information regarding method of payment. (cash, check, credit card, money order, etc.) Bangor Auction reserves the right to ensure that funds clear before items are shipped, transferred to bidder.
5. Bangor Auction Company reserves the right to authorize the credit card prior to bidding, as a deposit. If bidder is unsuccessful charge will be voided out.
6. The Auctioneer, at his sole discretion, reserves the right to reject any opening bid, which he feels is unacceptable or too low, and also reserves the right to withdraw any property before the sale.
7. The highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer will be the purchaser. In the event of an identical bid, the earliest bid received will take precedence.
8. In the event of a dispute between bidders, or, in the event of doubt on the Auctioneer's part as to the validity of any bid, the Auctioneer will have the final discretion to determine the successful bidder, or the choice to re-offer and sell the property in dispute.
9. Once the Auctioneer announces the word 'Sold', title to the property will immediately pass to the highest bidder acknowledged by the Auctioneer. Once title to the property has passed to the highest bidder, such bidder (a) assumes all risks and responsibilities for protecting and securing the property (b) will pay the full purchase price plus buyer's premium and, if applicable, State of Maine sales tax (5.5 %).
10. If there is a reserve (minimum amount requested by consignor) on any item and a bid does not meet minimum reserve amount, the auctioneer has the right at his sole discretion to void any and all sales/bids on that particular item.
11. Payment: All items purchased in person MUST BE paid for on the day of the sale. All items purchased via absentee, phone or internet bidding will be either charged to the credit card, withdrawn from the checking account on file immediately following the auction sale, and / or other arraignments agreed upon after the auction. There is a handling charge of $40.00 for dishonored checks. ALL PROPERTY STORED IS AT THE RISK OF THE PURCHASER.
12. All purchases are subject to 5.5% Maine sales tax unless purchaser has Maine sales tax exemption number filed with us, or item is shipped out of state.
13. All terms and conditions of sale are governed in accordance with the laws of the state of Maine.
14. Bangor Auction Company is NOT responsible for shipping. We will provide shipping at the request of the buyer. Payment must have been received and checks cleared prior to the release of property for shipping.
15. Bidding on any items indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale.
Auction House will ship. Buyer pays actual shipping cost. Insurance at requests and expense of buyer. For larger items (ie furniture), only local pickup is available.