Conditions of Sale
All sales final. All items sold as is. Accepting cash, check, major credit cards, and wire transfer. We only accept American Express for US bidders. 18% Buyers Premium. Add/Delete rights reserved. All items must be paid for day of sale. Auctioneer may refuse any bid or bid increment deemed inappropriate. Phone and absentee bids accepted.
1. All property for sale is sold AS-IS with no guarantee whatsoever, and all sales are final. We have made every attempt to catalog each item as accurately as possible. We encourage prospective buyers to inspect each item personally and make their own judgment. We will absolutely not accept any returns for any cause whatsoever.
2. Payments must be made by cash, good check, valid Visa or Master Card, or PayPal. Those not known by us must provide a bank authorization guaranteeing their check. We reserve the right to hold items purchased until funds have cleared the bank.
3. Complete payment is required day of auction (if bidding live at the auction gallery) or upon receipt of notification of a successful bid, if bidding as absentee, phone or online bidder, buyer will be contacted within 24 hours for credit card payments. Items must be paid for no later than three (3) days following the auction. After that time, the sale will be deemed null and void.
4. All INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS must pay in US funds by Cashier Check, Money Order, Wire Transfer, Western Union Deposit or Cash. No credit cards will be accepted from INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS.
5. Paid items must be removed from the auction gallery. Please note that online purchasers who wish to pick up their items shall not do so until the Monday following the day of auction, so that our staff has adequate time to process the transaction. After ten (10) days, any items remaining at the auction center will be placed in storage. Fee for storage will be $10 per week per item.
6. We will ship small items purchased by online, absentee or telephone bidding at the high bidder's request. Shipping will be invoiced and billed separately. Most packing, shipping and insurance are handled by Seymour Auctions. To economize, they will pack multiple items of similar size and type together if possible. Smalls will be shipped USPS Priority Mail with insurance. All large items will be shipped UPS-ground of FedEx with insurance. All items must be insured. A nominal fee of $5 per box is added for packaging and handling, slightly more for large orders or multiple items. For international shipping, please call for a quote. Questions regarding shipping costs, insurance and tracking should be directed to [email protected] We ship within 3 days of payment. Please be sure your credit card information is valid and up to date before each auction to prevent a delay in shipping. Buyers of large freight (i.e. furniture) will be outsourced to your preferred shipper. Please have your shipper contact us to coordinate the pickup time. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the high bidder.
7. The highest bidder shall be the buyer and if any dispute arises between two or more bidders, the auctioneer will decide the buyer or immediately put the item up for sale again. In the event of a tie between an online bidder and a floor bidder, the floor bid will take precedence. The auctioneer's decision will be binding and final.
8. The record of sale, kept by the auctioneer and clerk, will be taken as absolute and final in all disputes.
9. Some lots are offered subject to a reserve. A reserve is a confidential minimum price below which such a lot will not be sold.
10. Seymour Auctions will not be held responsible for error or failure to execute bid(s). Absentee bids must be in writing and a fifty-dollar minimum bid is required per item. Phone bidding is an available service and must be arranged in advance with our staff. We suggest that phone bid arrangements be made 24 hours before the start of the auction in order to ensure adequate processing time.
11. The deadline for phone or email inquiries is 8 pm EST the day before the scheduled auction. Please address email inquiries to [email protected]
12. Purchasers may inspect the merchandise and are urged to do so. The Auctioneer makes no warranty as to condition and shall not be responsible for any defects in any Lot. All goods are exposed for Public Exhibition and, for Internet buyers condition is described in the listings. Item descriptions, dimensions and estimates are provided for guidance. It is the buyer's responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. If potential buyers are unable to inspect lots in person, our staff will be happy to provide a verbal condition reports by phone on individual lots. These are for guidance only, and all lots will be sold as described, as per our Terms and Conditions of Sale. All goods are sold "AS IS" and "WITHOUT RECOURSE".
13. We have tried to describe each lot as accurately as possible, and we have included descriptive photographs as well. However, we are selling each lot "as is" and there will be no returns allowed if you are not satisfied with condition. Please satisfy yourself as to the condition of the item before bidding. Please ask all questions prior to bidding.
14.We are not responsible for color discrepancies due to photo reproductions or computer variations.
15. Internet bidding is offered as a service to the bidder and bidder understands that this service may or may not function correctly the day of the auction. Under no circumstances shall the bidder have any claim against Seymour Auctions or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly before or during the live auction. Should internet bidding fail for any reason, please contact 843-554-5005, to enact an absentee or telephone bid. We will do our best to accommodate you at the live auction.
16. Your bidding at this Auction indicates that you have read and accept these Terms & Conditions of Sale.
The online buyer's premium is 18%. In-house buyers premium of 13% of the final hammer bid will be added and the bidding platform buyers premium of 5% (for a total of 18%) and is payable by the purchaser as part of the total price.
SC Sales Tax:
All items will be shipped within 48 hours of receiving payment for your purchases.
INVOICING: Internet bid winners may receive one invoice for bid winning and a separate invoice for shipping and handling charges. We reserve the right to make two charges to your credit card: one charge for the items purchased, and a separate charge for the applicable shipping. In most cases we will only send one invoice that includes Shipping & Handling fees. We package the items prior to invoicing so we can more accurately charge for Shipping & Handling. Live auction attendee bid winners shall receive one invoice.
LEGAL POSSESSION: Bidders agree to inquire and conform to any legal requirements regarding buying, receiving, owning or storing an item before bidding on an item. By bidding, the bidder professes he/she has a legal right to buy and receive an item.
In some countries it is illegal to ship certain items such as coins, jewelry, and gold & silver. It is the buyer's responsibility to know whether or not it is legal for us to ship. Illegal items will not be shipped.
SHIPPING: All shipping and handling charges are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Here at Edwards Auctions, packages less than 70lbs. are processed by our professional shipping & packaging team. We do not contract out shipping to a third party. Items that weigh less than 70 lbs. are shipped Parcel Select, PRIORITY mail or Media Mail. We may ship UPS If we find it cheaper to ship. Additionally, packages that contain any hazardous materials--liquids, firearms, ammunition--are required to go through UPS. If more than one item is purchased we will combine shipping. Shipping Charges are billed to your credit card, in some cases separately from your winning bid invoice. We normally wrap, pack, box, measure & weigh all items and print labels for shipping. We will then send an invoice for your purchases with the shipping and handling fees included in the total. PLEASE NOTE: You may receive an e-mail with USPS tracking information, but this does not mean that your items have been shipped. This is simply a notification e-mail indicating that a label has been created and USPS can expect a package to be shipped.
All items will be shipped with insurance. To file a claim for damaged items you must send photos of the damaged items and photos of the box the items were shipped in. Without these photos I cannot and will not give refunds. Cost of shipping is not refundable. If you do not want insurance you must call and request no insurance! Uninsured items are shipped at your own risk. No refunds! No credit will be issued for non-insured items!
We try to keep the shipping and handling fees to a minimum. We will combine items as much as possible. We cannot control the cost of shipping.
Please keep in mind shipping is expensive! Costs are affected by the size and weight of items as well as buyers' geographic location. The heavier & larger the package is, or the further away a buyer lives, the more expensive the shipping will be.
SMALL PACKAGES: In most cases we only charge an extra $2 or $3 dollars to help cover the cost of the time and material for the smaller packages. We do not charge for boxes we get for free. We reuse as much packaging material as we can in order to avoid charging for the material. If you want all new packaging material, we must charge accordingly and you must request New Packaging material. We must charge for boxes, and packaging materials that we purchase.
LARGE PACKAGES: For the larger individual items and purchases of large lots of multiple items, we will combine items in the same box. We will ship around 50 lbs. per box. In most cases we have large free boxes. Sometimes we do not, although our boxes are priced reasonably.
Prices: (1) Large Box 18x18x24 = $4.00 - (1) Med. Box 16x18x18 = $2.00 - (1) Small Box 12x12x16 =$1.50
We must charge for new bubble wrap and peanuts when necessary. Please keep this in mind. Packaging multiple, small items is time consuming. Time is money. We wrap, pack, double box and do the best we can to insure your items arrive safe. This takes time. Time is $10.00 per man per hour.
Any Item weighing over 70 pounds is the sole responsibility of the buyer to arrange for shipping.
Non-shippable items, and items for which we cannot obtain a box, or items weighing over 70lbs. are totally the responsibility of the winning bidder. This means you as the winning bidder must make all arrangements to have the item picked up by the shipper, packed and boxed, and subsequently shipped. Our responsibility ends once your designated carrier/shipper picks the item up from the auction house and signs for it. All correspondence from that point forward would be between you and your carrier/shipper.
Delivery of large items over 70 lbs. is available by my company with in The United States at $2.00 per loaded Mile, based on GPS Directions.
STORAGE: We will store oversize items for ten (10) days from the close of auction date at no charge. On the eleventh (11) day after close of auction, a five ($5.00) dollar per day storage fee shall apply. No item shall be stored past thirty (30) days unless you contact the Auction Gallery @ 937-547-3202 and pay accumulated storage fees. Any bidder who fails to provide timely payment of accumulated storage fees after thirty (30) days shall be subject to having the item re-sold at auction to pay for accumulated storage fees. All items will be sold at auction without reserve and sold regardless of price, for which any monies received shall be retained wholly by the Auction Gallery as payment, to satisfy administrative, processing and storage expenses.
For online buyers who wish to pick up their items: You must call our office at 937-547-3202 to let us know you will be picking up your items or they will be packaged and shipped. All items need to be picked up by Wednesday following the auction. Our office will be open from 7am-11am and 12pm-5 pm Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. We are available after 5pm by appointment only. We will also be open on Sunday for pick-up from 7am to 9:30 am. I will lock the doors at 9:30 am on Sunday; do not be late on Sunday as I will not miss Church! Consider this your fair warning!
We accept credit cards for payment for any US winning online bidders at all sales. We require credit card information to bid. Prompt payment is required, bidder cards may be charged 4 days after an invoice has been sent. Invoices will be emailed after the auction. Online buyers can also pay for the items at the scheduled pickup time.
Payments must be made by cash, bank check, paypal or valid Visa or Master Card. Those not known by us must provide a bank authorization guaranteeing their check. We reserve the right to hold items purchased until funds have cleared the bank.
Please contact us regarding payment if you have any questions or concerns.
We will ship small items purchased by online, absentee or telephone bidding at the high bidder's request. Most packing, shipping and insurance are handled by Seymour Auctions. To economize we will pack multiple items of similar size and type together if possible. Smalls will be shipped USPS Priority Mail with insurance (Flat rate will be used when appropriate). All large items will be shipped UPS-ground or FedEx with insurance. All items must be insured and a nominal fee of $5-10 per box is added for packaging and handling. For international shipping, please call for a quote. Questions regarding shipping costs, insurance and tracking should be directed to [email protected]
We ship within 3 days of payment. Buyers of large freight (i.e. furniture) making arrangements to outsource to your preferred shipper. Please have your shipper contact us to coordinate the pickup time. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the high bidder.
Pickup is available Monday 10am-7pm at the auction location. Bidders must have a paid receipt to pickup their items or be prepared to pay at pickup time. Please bring help to load items.
We have made every attempt to catalog each item as accurately as possible; however, although we do not believe so, there may be inaccuracies. Purchasers may inspect the merchandise and are urged to do so. The auctioneer makes no warranty as to condition and shall not be responsible for any defects in any lot. All goods are exposed for public inspection and, for Internet buyers condition is described in the listings. Item descriptions, dimensions and estimates are provided for guidance. It is the buyer's responsibility to inspect all lots prior to bidding to ensure that the condition is to their satisfaction. If potential buyers are unable to inspect lots in person, our staff will be happy to provide a condition reports on individual lots. These are for guidance only, and all lots will be sold as described. All goods are sold "AS IS" and "WITHOUT RECOURSE". Please ask all questions prior to bidding.
Do not hesitate to call me before the auction if you need more info on the condition.