AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:09 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:35 pm 

It has been awhile since I have posted the traffic numbers at AuctionZip... so here you go! In October of 2007 we set a traffic record with just over 501,000 unique visitors in a single month. Here are the numbers for 2008!

January 2008
Unique Visitors: 557,854
Page Views: 23,323,108
Hits: 324,173,861

February 2008
Unique Visitors: 587,255
Page Views: 25,239,960
Hits: 355,610,633

March 2008
Unique Visitors: 654,373
Page Views: 27,049,412
Hits: 384,814,732

As you can see, the traffic is growing with leaps and bounds!!

These traffic numbers are ACTUAL server statistics which we would be glad to show to anyone who is interested. These numbers are independently supported by traffic measuring sites Compete.com and Quantcast.com which fairly accurately measure US based internet traffic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:35 pm 

Smashing! Good show!

http://www.castners.com
973-948-3868
948-3919 (fax)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm 

Steve,

I have a link to AZ on my webpage.....additionally.....I post my sale flyer in a pdf and click on the link to my photos on AZ of that particular auction.

My question is. if some one clicks to go directly to the photo page for a specific auction do you & I still count it as a "hit"? They may never look at my page on AZ or the sale listing on AZ, only the photo gallery.

Just curious.
Ed

http://www.wardenauction.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:06 pm 

Ed... when someone clicks on your AuctionZip photo gallery from you website here is what is counted both in our statistics and in yours at AuctionZip:

Auction Views: This would not affect your auction views at all. The auction views counts the number of people that view the actual listing, but does not count the photo gallery. In the future we will be adding tracking so that you will be able to see the number of times your gallery has been viewed AND the number of times each photo has been clicked on.

AuctionZip Server Statistics

Unique Visitor: If the visitor has not visited AuctionZip.com at some point in the past 30 days, they will be counted as a unique visitor in our statistics.

Page Views: A click from your page to your photo gallery on our page will register as a page view in our statistics. The viewer has viewed a page on AuctionZip.com

Hits: Hits are a number we even hate to mention, but we only do for comparison purposes as some websites will advertise their "hits" as though they were "page views". When someone clicks on your photo gallery it will add multiple "hits" to AuctionZip's statistics, but this number will vary depending on the number of images on that page.

According to our statistics program, 6% of the traffic at AuctionZip.com is a referral which would include traffic from links like this on your page, and AuctionZip.com links and banners that auctioneers have displayed on their websites. AuctionZip does very well in the search engines, however only 3% of our monthly traffic comes from the various search engines. One of the most exciting statistics about AuctionZip is that fact that 91% of our traffic is bookmarked or directly entered... this means that most of our visitors already know AuctionZip by name and chose to come to us for their auction information!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:21 am 

Steve,

Thank you so much for a detailed yet understandable explanation! I am not a computer wizard like my friend I met throught this organization, Jim Ford! I still have to get back with him on my el cheapo web page.

Auction Zip has been such a help to our little operation, here in the Ozarks. We haven't obtained any more auctions but the ones we conduct have been more successful in reaching out to bidders. It is so nice when I get that phone call during the week of "What does that binkity bop you got in that sale look like?" I just send them to a computer and to AZ to look at the photo of the binkity bop.

Sincerely,

Ed

http://www.wardenauction.com/

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:23 am 

Steve,

You all have a fantastic site! I wish I would have started using it 3 or 4 years ago. What are the numbers showing since October 07?

Jason

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:14 pm 

Whats the number for this month and 2010?

Benefit Auctioneer