AuctionZip Forum
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:19 pm
Visit AuctionZip.com for
Live Auctions

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New User
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:04 am 

Trying to learn about auctions.....this might take awhile....was searching for a used car and ended up here (wish I had taken this shortcut in the beginning of my search). :roll: :D

Post subject: Re: New User
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:00 pm 

Kathy:

Look under public auto auctions to find something in your area that is a good place to buy cars.

ALWAYS INSPECT BEFORE YOU BID!!!

We as auctioneers want you to bid and to know what you are bidding on.

If you are not sure bring a friend who is a mechanic or a "Shade tree mechanic" to help you out.

When I am in the market for a car I usually buy the 90-day CarFax to run the vin on anything we are thinking about bidding on.

That will tell you if the car was originally owned by a police dept, then sold to a taxi cab company, then wrecked and sold at insurance auction, etc.

There are some great deals on government auction cars but you need to be able to tell the good from the not so good.

Be sure to read the terms and conditions.

Many public auto auctions require payment in full, in cash on the day of the auction.

Some require a cash deposit with the balance due by the close of the next business day.

Some will be able to give you a temp tag to drive it home or to get it inspected.

Others have no tag service and you either have to tow or go to the DMV for a temp tag to get it inspected, then tagged.

Be sure to talk to your insurance agent so you can phone in to get insurance coverage before you take it off the auction lot.

Don't be afraid to be outbid, over a million cars are sold at auction every month, there will be another one coming up/

Good luck with your new auction car, I have bought & sold thousands that way!

It's all in my book!
Secrets of an AARE Auctioneer
http://www.aareauctioneer.com
The Most Comprehensive & Complete Guide to selling real estate at auction