Lot 3240: PLEASE SEE NOTE IN DESCRIPTION. (40 views)
- Auction House
- by James D. Julia
- Auction Title
- Important Toy, Doll & Advertising Auction
- Auction Date
- November 30, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
- 203 Skowhegan Road
- Fairfield, ME US
- Email this auctioneer
- Viewing Notes
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, November 27, 28 & 29, 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. each day, morning of sale 8:00-10:00 a.m.
- Display Notes
- James D. Julia, Inc. is pleased to announce our November 30, 2012 Toy, Doll, and Advertising auction. For 40 years, the Julia firm has been known for handling some of the finest quality items, collections, and estates coming to the market today. This will be a fantastic array of goods gathered from across the United States and beyond. The sale will feature a tremendous offering of fresh to the market, quality goods for both the beginning and advanced collector. Included will be American and European tin, pressed steel, and cast iron toys including the collection of the late John F. Gale of Cambridge, Massachusetts as well as an offering of life-sized stuffed animals (including Steiff) from the home of model/sports journalist Joumana Kidd (former wife of NBA/N.Y. Knicks star Jason Kidd). Also featured will be a grouping of rare and desirable papier mâché skittle sets, a selection of trains, an outstanding assortment of fine French and German character dolls, over 45 elaborate and highly sought after salesman samples (most pertaining to agriculture and farming), an estate collection of over 60 U.S. Patent models for animal and fly traps, scarce antique advertising items including Coca-Cola, Buster Brown. Highlighting the former is the only known original photo of Dr. John Pemberton, inventor of Coca-Cola. In addition will be numerous coin-operated gambling and arcade machines, music machines, and more. Helping to round out the sale will be a collection of over 900 glass candy containers from the renowned collection of Betty & "Mack" MacDuff. This is one sale you won't want to miss. For more information or to place bids, please contact us today.
- Buyer's Premium
- Methods of Payment
- Discover, MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer
- Packing and Shipping
- If you are the successful bidder and are unable to attend the auction in person or pick up your item, we will pack and ship your item for you. The costs for shipping include labor at $38 per hour, packing material and cartons, insurance at $0.75 per $100 valuation, and actual invoiced shipping charges.
- View full terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
You agree to pay a buyer's premium of up to 20.0% and any applicable taxes and shipping
Terms and Conditions Important Toy, Doll & Advertising Auction
If you are the successful bidder and are unable to attend the auction in person or pick up your item, we will pack and ship your item for you. The costs for shipping include labor at $38 per hour, packing material and cartons, insurance at $0.75 per $100 valuation, and actual invoiced shipping charges.
Accepted Forms of Payment
Discover, MasterCard, Money Order / Cashiers Check, Personal Check, Visa, Wire Transfer